The department of Internal Medicine at ANNAI ARUL Multispecialty deals with outpatients, inpatients as well as round the clock emergencies. The prevention, diagnosis and treatment of adult diseases fall under its purview. We focus on delivering high-quality and comprehensive care for the prevention of diseases, the management of chronic disorders, and the treatment of hospitalized patients. The Department is extensively involved in continuous quality improvement efforts to provide quality care.
The department effectively delivers most recent diagnostic & therapeutic advances rationally to a large number of patients daily. Our doctors are especially skilled in the management of patients who have undifferentiated or multisystem disease processes.
The Department of Internal Medicine is also an ideal starting point for patients requiring specialist care as we co-ordinate the therapeutic efforts of multiple departments to make the best decisions for the patients.
In Critical Care Medicine, physicians are actively involved in the day-to-day treatment of internal medical problems in the Medical ICU. They cover a wide spectrum of medical emergencies with a focus on toxicology, complicated septicemias, hepatic disorders and haematopathies, often working closely with our critical care specialists. We offer wide-range of inpatient and outpatient care from routine services to specialized services like preventive care, and treatment of chronic medical conditions. Our consultants’ are expertise in General Internal Medicine and in providing care during emergency calls.
Internal Medicine Treatment and Services offered at Annai Arul Hospital
- Treatment for all types of fevers and infections affecting different organs in the body
- All metabolic diseases and endocrine diseases such as diabetes, thyroid, cholesterol, obesity.
- Hypertension Clinic
- Respiratory diseases like asthma, allergies, lung infection, cough, sinusitis, pneumonia & TB.
- Disease of the joints and limbs, backache
- Problems like headache, muscular weakness, epilepsy
- Physical and wellness exams
- Healthy lifestyle management including smoking cessation, heart disease prevention and weight management
- Preventive screenings
- Cancer prevention and screening
- Referrals to specialists for further diagnosis and/or treatment
- Comprehensive travel-related services including physicals and vaccinations