This is a Intensive Care Unit exclusively for newborn babies. The neonatal care unit provides expert, round-the-clock care for newborn babies who are ill or born prematurely. A specially skilled team of professionals including paediatricians, surgeons, nurses and dieticians keep a vigil on the babies. The unit is fully equipped with baby warmers, ventilators, special lights and tubings to provide utmost care and life saving intervention to the tinniest patients.
Annai Arul Hospital is committed to providing our tiny patients with the expert care and the latest advances in neonatal medical practices, so we are able to treat and save some of the most vulnerable babies born here and support their natural growth. We are proud that our focus is not only high tech, but also high touch. We are committed to promoting skin-to-skin contact between parents and their infants and to providing families with access to expert consultation regarding their baby’s health.
The neonatal unit manages babies with:
- Premature and underweight babies prone to infections
- Congenital anomalies of various organs requiring urgent surgery
- Birth hypoxia, brain hemorrhage, convulsion etc
- Congenital Cardiac complaints requiring nonsurgical management
- Jaundice, septicemia, respiratory failure etc. requiring ventilator support