Oral and Maxillofacial surgery at Annai Arul Hospital is performed under a full fledged department which has own the facility to manage any kind of surgeries including head and neck oncology procedures. The department has a good radiology unit, micro vascular reconstruction facilities and post operative ICU back up. The facilities are backed by an integrated service which includes the intervention of neurosurgery, orthopaedic, plastic surgery, general medicine and cardiology departments.
The department has treated more head and neck surgical oncology cases including oral cavity cancers laryngeal / pharyngeal cancers including reconstruction, thyroid / parathyroid, salivary gland tumour and skull base tumours. With respect to oral and maxillo facial procedures the department has carried out surgical procedures on minors and delivered solutions in simple to complicated facial traumas through more than 400 orthognathic surgeries, TMJ and various facial pathologies.
Typical facial trauma injuries include:
- Fractures of the skull, cheeks, nose, eye bones and jaw bones
- Lacerations to the face
- Treatment of the soft tissue like skin & muscles and hard tissues like bones
Head & Neck Surgical Oncologic procedures:
- Oral Cancer Ablation & Reconstruction
- Neck Dissections -Selective Neck Dissection.(SND)
- Modified Radical Neck Dissection.(MRND)
- Radical Neck Dissection.(RND)
- Total Maxillectomies with/without Orbital Exenteration
- Facial Translocation for Nasopharyngeal Tumours
- Skull Base Tumour Resections
- Total laryngopharyngo Cervical Oesophagectomies (CA Hypopharynx)
- Salivary Gland Excision (Parotid, Submandibular, Minor salivary gland)